Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Dr. R, Here we come!

It's official, we are keeping the doctor appointment for Friday. Abram will have an echo to see if he has had any changes of his heart. The doctor reassured me that changes for the better or worse can take a very long time and that it didn't sound like Abram was having any symptoms of cardiac failure so she doesn't think the echo will be significant. It will be significant for me to know that nothing has changed, and a bonus if it's at all better in any way. After the echo she will decide if Abe can start taking the bottle a couple times a day and start physical and occupational therapy. His heart has to be in a good place for these to start. I think she is doing the echo more for our anxiety as I told her that I need to have it done just so I know his heart is not getting worse. The doctor also said that there may be more medication changes if he is tolerating these meds ok, depending on the results of the echo. Abe will also have blood drawn to test his blood counts, keep your fingers crossed that his red and white blood cells are up!!!!
Abe's vomiting has decreased significantly since we stopped the formula Alimentum and returned to the Neocate. He had some pedialyte and that seemed to help a lot. He is feeling better, fever is gone, some residual diarrhea that I think will pass in time. We are now in a better place again :). That barfing every 3 hours is wearing on everyone and the washing machine!

2 comments:

Minnesota Girl said...

i'm so glad you are able to demand what you need to help you feel that things are on the right track for abram. i've said it before and i'll say it a million times...that little boy is so lucky to have you as his momma! (and bryan as his daddy!)

i will keep my fingers crossed that all of abram's tests come out well on friday!

love you bunches, give kisses to the your little man for me!

Erin said...

thanks Ang! wish you were closer, I hate you are so far away!!!