Saturday, August 4, 2007

Am I glowing yet???

Well, I realized it has been since Wednesday night that I had been outside of our home, with one exception of walking to the mail box and back two days ago. I will have to ask Bryan if I glow in the dark yet. I certainly have some glow as I am able to spend every waking moment with my son and that in it's self is a blessing. I don't really miss going out which surprises me a little. I think I am just enjoying every minute I am getting with Abram even though it is a lot of wakeful hours and tedious work. And, the outside world seems so dangerous to us right now. Taking care of Abram is definitely not hard work, what's hard is the emotional side of all of this. Keeping the focus away from where your mind really wants to wonder, that is, how things are going on inside our little guy and draw it's own conclusions.
Abram took about an ounce by the bottle today and I could tell it was so very taxing on his little body. He cried for more when I took the bottle out of his mouth for a breather, literally. His body began to sweat and he was breathing hard. I could feel his heart pound hard and irregular against my belly as he lay on me after drinking, drifting fastly asleep. He did his normal throw up this evening and morning, and we have yet to get this under control. Keeping in mind one step forward, two steps back is hard to do. At least he doesn't seem to be in pain when vomiting anymore.
Abram continues to have his playful and wakeful moments, a very happy little guy that will smile with you, loves to be talked to, will occasionally coo back, and likes to grasp on to his wrings and new soft mini books from his Aunt. He gushes over Mylar balloons and we have vowed to keep Mylars in our home at all times, he is fascinated with them and they bring him smiles and coos.
Bryan's family have taken good care of us, bringing us frozen meals for this next week to cook, mounds of diapers since we go through around 30 a day (it's the lasix), toys for Abram, and took Bryan to Costco and stocked us up on fresh produce, soap, and sanitizer by the bulk! Bryan was a happy guy!

3 comments:

gundy611 said...

Dear ones,What a jewel you have there!We are so proud of you for taking such terrific and loving care of Abram.We hold you all in our hearts and prayers.Love Aunt Jill&Uncle Roy and our extended families

Erin said...

Aunt Jill, Uncle Roy, and Family - Thank you for your support and love, we so need it at a time like this! It's good to see you keeping updated and in touch! Love, Erin

Chardell said...

Hello,

What a wonderful way to keep everyone in the loop. He is such a "cuite patootie" with a million dollar smile. I wish I was closer to peek in and wave to. Extra thoughts and prayers from the Piklapp's. Don't forget that Garrett is down there if he can be of any help.

Love you
Chardell