Monday, July 30, 2007

Monday

Today went rather smoothly, I took a lot of naps and thought about how much I would like to be cleaning my home. Sleep vs. Clean - a tough battle, so I did a lot of sleeping and little bit of cleaning, telling myself I will get it all done one of these days.
Abe has been very vibrant and full of pep and I wonder sometimes if he shouldn't be more tired. It's wonderful to have him be a little more energetic, or I should say he is A LOT more energetic. I hope that's a sign of his heart on the mend, and that he is reserving some of those calories rather than working them all off! I imagine he fees pretty good after feeling so awful for as long as he did, I can equate it to when I have been ill with the flu and recover. . . it feels like a new life. Abram is kicking both legs, even higher than what Bryan and I have ever seen him do. Waving his arms back and forth all the time, and continually knocking himself in the head/eyes as he doesn't have a lot of control yet. Coos are becoming louder, and still smiling frequently. Sometimes I forget he is such a sick little guy with all of his pep and color. I find myself neurotically looking at him wondering if he is becoming more pale or modeled like he was in the hospital. I look back at pictures of Abram and wonder why we didn't see how pale he had become before he went into the hospital. Hindsight is 20/20, not fair.
Yesterday Abe pulled out his entire feeding tube without Bryan or I noticing! We both looked at him, and I noticed something looked different as I didn't get it right away. . .then realized, he was holding his entire tube in his hand. I replaced the tube without problem, getting pretty good at it as this is the fourth time he's needed it to be replaced. Feeds went rather well today with one vomit this morning. Abe's Aunt Laura is bringing dinner tonight from Cheeseburger in Paradise - my diet has definitely gone out the window and the new work out DVD is collecting dust. More important people to tend to at this time :).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you are home and Abram is doing better. He's probably so happy to be away from the hospital and to have you all to himself. Great idea with the blog:) Lot of love to you and yours. Kim

Minnesota Girl said...

forget about the cleaning and the diet for now! neither is nearly as important as your precious little family! how relieved you must all be to be back in your own home, even though i know it's even more work now than it was before.

enjoy the increased coos and smiles from your feisty little guy. i'm sure he'll be all caught up on his development in no time. he is truly a fighter and he has wonderful parents to help him through. being neurotic isn't always a bad thing. ; ) he is a lucky little guy to have parents like the two of you.

everything you have gone through with abram has made me appreciate what i have even more, and i'm sure it's done the same for you. i am trying hard not to sweat the little things so much. (like diet and cleaning!)

i am thinking about you always and am sending my thoughts and prayers your way every day!

Kristal said...

I am so happy you are home, too. I have been praying for Abe at night for you!
Angie was so right about the diet and cleaning... girlfriend, who cares whatsoever about that! You just snuggle and love and tickle and talk with that gorgeous baby boy of yours.

My offer still stands - I'll come over anytime. Take care and give Abe hugs and kisses!!!!